Monday 7 November 2011

Introducing......

This is my first official blog post.  I confess - I’m scared.  And I have no idea what I’m doing. Really.  I’ve been doing a lot of praying about this.  The Lord has given me this desire to write down, journal what He’s doing around me, through me, and in me.  And so as I go forward, and step into the great unknown, I pray this prayer, and I hold His hand.
And I doubtfully wonder, “What could I possibly offer anyone who might read this?”  Not me, but only He can do anything.  These will simply be words on a page; words of this insecure, sinful, insignificant heart; words which hopefully show His grace; reflect His mercy. 
You see the Lord has burdened my heart, in a way I cannot explain, for the poor, the oppressed, and the desperate in the world, especially children, fatherless, abandoned and without hope.  And I yearn to go - to see, to touch, to love, to share a Savior who offers hope. 
I don’t mean pack up my bags and move to some faraway land and get to work.  (No, I’m a mother of 2 big-hearted teenagers, and a wife to a wonderful husband.  Married 17 years + saved 5 of them = unequally yoked.)  He’s asked me to stay, not go.
But I could I go on a short-term missions trip to see, to touch, to love, to share a Savior who offers hope. Right?
And yet, the Lord says, “Wait, child”. 
What else can I do with this yearning the Lord has burned deep within my heart?  Write about it.  Release it.  Maybe it’s contagious. 
Maybe as you read this someday, searching for something as I was when He caught me, maybe, just maybe the Lord will pass on this flame to you - for you to take to the lost, desperate, fatherless children across the world.
And maybe, just maybe, one day He’ll let me go on a short trip. 
But in the meantime, I wait patiently for Him.  And write here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home