Friday 20 January 2012

Five Minute Friday - Vivid




I walk along the river which is frozen and covered in a blanket of white.  The snow crunches beneath my feet, perfect snowman making snow.  All is white, brown, and dead.  Frozen-in-time, stiff, barren landscape surrounds me.  Winter’s blah.
Yet I breathe deep the fresh, crisp air and it brings my hibernating body back to life.  And my eyes see beauty.  Contrasting the drab white/dead background I see a bunch of bright red berries, wrapped in ice and clinging to a frozen branch.


I see a brilliant blue swing hanging still, frozen, blanketed and waiting to move for the squeals of summer.


I see a sunset over the quiet field, home to horses in warmer days, now empty, waiting in hope for their return, but graced by the fading warmth and beauty of the evening sun setting on the horizon.


I see contrast in this drab January land.  Vivid beauty painted by God in seemingly inhospitable conditions. 
Isn’t that what He calls us to in this life, those of us who are His children?  To live in contrast, to stand vividly against the backdrop of this world around us, shining, giving hope, making a difference to even one who might just breathe in, see Jesus, and gain life.  Live vivid.
Phil. 2:15-16
“..so that you may become blameless and pure children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life...” 

2 Comments:

At 20 January 2012 at 08:48 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this...to live in contrast, to stand vividly against the backdrop of this world around us, shining, giving hope, making a difference to even one
thanks for sharing!

 
At 20 January 2012 at 12:28 , Blogger Lori said...

That's really nice....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home